Thursday, September 14, 2006

Thirty Something

It is now rapidly approaching my 30th birthday (26th September) and it was filling me with dread. But now I have decided to put a positive spin on it rather than the trepidation that normally accompanies my birthdays. My last three land mark birthdays (18th, 21st and 25th) were all a drunken haze and not much happened at all. In fact they were quite a disappointment. But this time things will be different. My boyfriend is coming down for a week before hand and is taking me out for dinner. I have already arranged dinner with another group of friends (University) and lunch with some more (old work colleagues). I am now quite looking forward to it and am not even bothered about becoming 30.

Now onto presents. The Reluctant Nomad used his blog to tout for presents. I thought about doing the same but my mate who read this have no way of getting in touch with each other which could mean that I end up with several copies of the new Scissor Sisters album ! So I am not going to ask for anything and do not expect anything. This way I am never disappointed and always mildly surprised.

Being 30 is not going to be so bad. In fact, I plan to use it as a bit of a watershed. All the bad things can be put in the past as I draw a line under my life to date and get on with the important things. I have a wonderful partner, great friends and the potential for a long and happy career as a nurse (if I can find a job).

So here is to being 30 !!!

2 Comments:

Blogger GB said...

Belated happy birthday mate :-)

I see you live in the same city as Reluctant Nomad! Have you ever met him?

GB xxx

6:53 PM  
Blogger Alan said...

He and I are good mates and he helped me to set up this Blog as I am rubbish with computers whilst he is a true geek with them ! The Nomad is a top bloke.

2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home