Thursday, June 22, 2006

Road Kill !

Last Friday (I know it is now Thursday but I have been busy) me and my friends had a large and stressful practical to complete at University as part of our nursing course (Thanks to all the people who wished me luck). It all went well so once finished we all set off to celebrate at the Rose and Crown on Derby Road. Much beer and food was consumed. It was then decided that as it was such a nice day we all head into town to the beer gardens around the castle. So off we set.

As we got off the bus we all rushed to cross Parliament Street but the lights changed on us. One of the group commented:

“We shouldn’t chance crossing as the traffic is notoriously dangerous here”

To which I commented:

“Look at the pigeons, they have never read the Green Cross Code and they never seem to have a problem with the traffic”

At which point a large truck went past and scattered the birds. Once the truck had gone we noticed that one pigeon would have been better off taking my friends advice as it was now splattered across the road !

A comedic moment and divine justice as I am not a great fan of town pigeons.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home