Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Top Day

Yesterday was a wonderfully sunny day I was going to meet a very good friend of mine for lunch. I used to work with D in Accident and Emergency and now she works for the Ambulance Service. We have tried several times to meet recently but it had always been cancelled due to various problems. Today was set though. We met at 1pm at the lions in Market Square (not very original I know) and set off to Walkabout. The food was very good and the conversation was excellent. We caught up on each others lives and swapped gossip. A few drinks and it was time to go.

Whilst she had things to do at home we were both having fun and decided to go for a few more drinks at The Lord Roberts. The conversation continued and soon it was early evening. A bloke in the pub just sitting across from us caught my eye and I couldn’t help notice that he seemed interested in me too. But D and I were firmly engrossed in our gossip and I put him out of my mind. By half six it was time for her to go. I walked her to where her boyfriend was picking her up and we said bye. A wonderful evening which we have planned to repeat soon.

I walked back to the Roberts and wondered if the nice bloke would still be there. He was. I chatted to some friends who were sitting at the same table as him and as the left stuck up a conversation with him. He lived near Norwich and was visiting friends. We continued to chat and soon two friends A and J walked in and the chat carried on. A left quite early and J soon after. I was again left with Craig (the blokes name) alone again. A few more drinks should oil the workings. He seemed genuinely interested in me. Result ! By midnight we were walking back to mine and by half past in bed !

A brilliant day topped of with a fabulous evening. He is back down to Nottingham again soon and he wants to meet up. All in all the best day of the year so far.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bless you chicken...you're so easily pleased *grins nervously*

5:07 PM  
Blogger Alan said...

What can I say. Good mates, beer, gossip and a nice bloke to round off the evening. My pleasures may be simple but atleast they are atainable.

11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home