Thursday, April 20, 2006

The Lighters go out Across Europe


What is a smoker to do, apart from stand outside and get cold whilst losing their seat in the pub. Many Scandinavian and mainland Eurpoean countries have tightened their grip on smoking in public places. Ireland and Scotland have now outlawed it. Northern Ireland is soon to follow and England will ban it next August. I know it is bad for your health and it offends many people but it is one of the few pleasures that I have and enjoy. I may be forced into quitting (which may not be a bad thing) but I would have liked some say in the matter. They could have left it up to individual pubs and bars to decide how they would like to go. I recently went to a non-smoking pub (not by choice) and thought it odd to see that they still had a cigarette vending machine. Like the Government, it seems that bars still want the revenue from smokers just not the smoke !

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home