Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Great Weekend !

If I manage one good day out of a whole weekend it is pretty good for me. So when the last Bank Holiday weekend came along with its extra day off I was braced for a dire time. But to my amazement I had one of the best long weekends for many a year.

Thursday
• drink with housemate in the pub (rare occasion as he doesn’t go out too much these days)
• met a few friends
• met some more friends
• finished off at the Irish (sad, but very enjoyable)

Friday
• drink with few friends
• learnt something new about computing and Blogs (always like to learn new things)
• built a few bridges with a new friend (I hope)
• danced loads at NG1 (predictable but fun)
• pulled !!!

Saturday
• finished the crossword in record time
• went out for a quiet drink
• met a few friends
• very good conversation
• danced loads again at NG1
• pulled again !!!

Sunday
• no hangover and money still left from Saturday night (always happy when I have cash left over)
• met best mate for quiet drink

I am proud to say that it is more often than not the simple pleasures in life that bring me the most fun. A few drinks with good mates, great conversation and the odd man at the end of the night.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You never told me you'd pulled at the weekend...spill!

5:09 PM  
Blogger Alan said...

The bloke on Friday was called Paul. Met him at NG1 at the cigarette machine. It was broke and he was berating me for smoking, but we got talking and he cam back to mine. Sat night was all of a blur. Think he was called Matt aqnd met him at NG1 too. That place has alot to answer for !

11:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home