Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Unlucky in love


I have only ever been in love three times in my life and all in just the last 5 years. Before then I had seen people but had never really experienced the true feeling of love. I hoped that when I did finally fall in love it would be a wonderful experience that would last forever. How wrong I was ... it was great, but on each occasion it neve quite worked out.

Love One - The Cheating Love
My first ever long term relationship that lasted for three years. As it was my first love experience I wanted it to work so much. We met whilst out clubbing and he moved in with me after a few months. I forgave him the first time he cheated but it was harder the second. The third was too much and it all fell apart.

Love Two - The Preoccupied Love
We met a University on our first placement. We had loads in common and got on very well straight away. After many nights out drinking it soon moverd onto a relationship. Through the whole thing though he was constantly preoccupied with his Ex. This was his first love and I could never live up to this. When ever his Ex would call I would be second best. Whilst he never cheated on me I found it hard to play second fiddle to the Ex and things soon fizzled out.

Love Three - The Reluctant Love
I met him at a nightclub and stayed at his that night. We met again the next week and soon it became a regular thing. We got on well and I felt a connection. One day he introduced me to some of his mates as his partner and that was that. We just sort of fell into a relationship. Although I was happy with him I couldn't help but feel that he was a reluctant partner in the whole thing. I was just a stop gap until something better came along. His reluctance ment that he never fully committed and I always felt left out . Something better did come along and I was pushed aside.

All three have now moved on and are in new relationships and seem relativly happy with their lives. I can only think about what could have been and hope that number four will be better. My luck will have to change soon, wont it ?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home