Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Sherringham Weekend


The weekend just gone I enjoyed the most fantastic time away in Sherringham on the Norfolk coast. I had gone there to meet Craig (he of the Top Day). Since our first meeting we had kept in touch via text and Email and it became obvious that we both wanted to meet up again so I arranged to get the train down.

We met up in Norwich where he works and after a few drinks caught another train to Sherringham. A few more drinks and a takeaway and it was time to call it an night – the train journey had really taken it out of me. Up early on Saturday and a grand tour of the town. It is all you could want from a picturesque seaside town. Great people, lovely pubs and a great atmosphere (ever if there was a Morris Dancing festival on). Lunch at the pub and then over to Craig’s sisters to watch the football. Wasn’t too fussed about he result as I am not a great footie fan. Back to his for a shower and changer and then hit the town.

Whilst Sherringham is a million miles away from what I normally get in the meat market pubs and clubs of Nottingham I enjoyed it immensely. It was relaxing and I had great company to share the experience with. Another lazy day on Sunday. Another pub lunch and a few more drinks before the train home. It was a bit of a wrench leaving Craig as it seemed that we had had very little time together. The train home was uneventful and I was back to work on Monday.

It was a top weekend, one of the best over the past few months and I hope it to be repeated when Craig comes to visit me this weekend !

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh, are we getting serious?

7:36 AM  
Blogger Alan said...

It is ouly early and we are many miles apart but it looks that way.

2:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home