Thursday, October 19, 2006

Monty Python - Why ?

Monty Python is getting a bit of a resurgence on TV over the past few weeks. The musical Spam-a-Lot is big and there have been a great number of programmes about the cast, how they met, the writing of the series and what they are all up to now. Please, please stop ! I have never been a great fan of Monty Python and never found them that funny despite having a great liking for that style of humour. I know they invented that mad cap style of irreverence and anarchic comedy and led the way for many other comedians and comedy series but I just don’t like them.

In this country though it seems to be the 11th Commandment –

“Thou shall like Python and repeat famous sketches when drunk.”

Much like the 12th Commandment –

“Thou shall like Bohemian Rhapsody and sing it whenever drunk.”

As it goes I don’t like Bohemian Rhapsody either. In fact I would go as far to say I hate the bloody song !!! Hating both of these things in Britain is as close to treason as you can get without killing a member of the royal family. It seems that you should like it without question even though many people are not sure why they do.

So please, the powers that be, put all of the Python related stuff on a special channel and call it Python TV so I know to avoid it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home